As a tenant there are certain responsibilities to fulfil including payment of the initial deposit and insuring the correct rent is paid on time each month.
Bills such as council Tax, water rates, gas, electricity, telephone charges and television fees are also the responsibility of the tenant.
Once the tenancy is complete the tenant is responsible for ensuring that the property is returned in the same condition as at the start of the tenancy, allowing for fair wear and tear.
Notes to applicants
Holding deposit (per tenancy)
One weeks rent. This is to reserve a property. Please note: this will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide false or misleading information or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and/or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 days (or other deadline for agreement as mutually agreed in writing)
Security deposit (per tenancy)
5 weeks rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
Clients Money Protection
Eckfords is a member of the propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme (Membership number: C0006866)
Eckfords are members of The Property Ombudsman Redress Scheme (Membership number: N02159)
The service we provide
- Taking full details of your property providing a rental valuation and advice on the preparation of the property to let. It is important that you notify your mortgage company if you have a mortgage on your property and insurance company if required,
- Ensure that before the property is let that it and it’s contents comply with safety regulations including gas safety regulation,
- Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are installed,
- Electrical equipment safety regulations,
- Energy Performance of Buildings Certificates and Inspections.
Full details of our comprehensive management are available on request.
Residential Landlord’s Fees
Full management – setup fee (payable at the start of each tenancy) £350 + VAT. Total £420
Management fee – 8% of the monthly rent +VAT
Let only service - £500 + VAT. Total £600